The Budwig protocol is an anticancer diet that was invented by Dr. Johanna Budwig in the 1950s. Dr. Budwig was a German biochemist and pharmacist with a Ph.D. in physics and chemistry. She was a seven times Nobel prize nominee.
Dr. Budwig was able to cure hundreds of (mostly terminal) cancer patients who were declared incurable by their doctors.
In the course of her research, Dr. Budwig examined blood samples of cancer patients and compared them to healthy blood. She noticed that sick cancer patients’ blood was all stacked together (a process called platelet aggregation.) The cancer patients’ blood also had a strange greenish unnatural color – a sign of oxygen deficiency.
Dr. Budwig set out to create a diet that would enhance oxygenation and increase healthy fats. She gave her patients a mixture of flaxseed oil and quark cheese (a soft, unaged cheese,) and examined their blood before and after administering the diet.
After being on the diet, her patients’ blood no longer clumped together and the greenish color was no longer present. Instead, the red was much brighter, a positive indicator of the increased oxygen intake.
According to Dr. Budwig, whereas chemotherapy, surgery and radiation may kill cancerous cells, none of them can change the actual environment that caused and allowed cancer to exist and thrive in the body, and this diet can.
Dr. Lloyd Jenkins from the Budwig Center explains below:
What Diseases Can Be Treated with the Budwig Protocol?
Patients use the Budwig protocol to prevent and cure cancer as well as other diseases such as arteriosclerosis, rheumatism, heart disease, diabetes, skin diseases, autoimmune diseases and more.
Why Is There Dairy in the Budwig Diet?
You will often hear that cancer patients should avoid dairy. While the Budwig Diet does include quark or cottage cheese, it is important to note that Dr. Budwig did not encourage dairy in the rest of a patient’s diet.
Dr. Budwig only used dairy for blending it with the flaxseed oil. According to the Budwig Protocol, The dairy and flaxseed have opposite electric charges and the combination of protein in the dairy with the fat of the oil makes it absorbable in the intestine, causing the unhealthy cells to change their electric charge naturally.
Did You Know?
In 2017, a team of Italian Scientists discovered that flaxseed and/or its oil inhibited the formation of colon, breast, skin and lung tumors in female rats, indicating that it can have a strong protective effect against breast, colon and ovarian cancer just like Dr. Budwig claimed almost 70 years before.
The Budwig Diet Recipe
- Start with 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk and 3 tablespoons of linseed (flaxseed) oil.
- Mix. Use a whisk mixer or electric stick blender until the mixture is nice and smooth, (an electric blender is preferable as you can ensure that the oil blends well.)
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix all 3 ingredients well.
- Slowly add the low-fat quark or cottage cheese 2 tablespoons at a time and keep mixing until combined well, putting in a total of 6 level tablespoons of cheese.
- Grind 2 tablespoons of freshly crushed flaxseed (you can use a coffee grinder) then put it in a separate bowl.
- Add some fruit (berries, lemon juice, etc.) or nuts over the seeds.
- Pour the mixture of quark, honey, and oil over the freshly ground flaxseed and fruit.
> Optional – Add additional fruit or try adding other things to mix it up, such as parsley, garlic, dried fruits, ground hemp seeds, ground almonds, ground sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, and pumpkin seeds (do not use peanuts!), vanilla, cinnamon, raw cocoa or grated coconut.
See how the Budwig mix is done in this video tutorial